You work hard, read a lot and take a lot of notes during your study. Why not sell your study notes and earn some money?
So, can you sell your study notes? Yes, you can. Many markets allow you to sell him study notes, practice tests, and other materials. These websites run on commission. Upload your notes, then they will be reviewed (not always) and when you sell something you will receive between 50% and 85% of the selling price.
Selling your notes can be a good extra income if you do well and avoid legal problems. Taking professional notes not only benefits the success of your study. Be sure to choose a market with acceptable commissions for your hard work.
Is it illegal to sell my transcripts?
No, your study notes are your creations. Of course, as with any other material, you mustn’t use copyrighted material, such as copying extended passages from books or websites.
Please note that also most of the images and PDF files you find online are copyrighted. To avoid conflicts, the best advice is to create diagrams, tables, and images that illustrate the material yourself from the knowledge you have acquired. This strengthens your memory and ensures that you remain on the legal side.
Needless to say, don’t upload any notes you’ve received from other students, your teacher, or your teacher. Not only will your account be closed in the marketplace, but you may face other legal consequences. If you do this regularly and professionally, be sure to pay your taxes!
What are the benefits of selling notes?
In addition to the obvious benefit of earning additional income, there are a few other advantages to joining one of those ticketing websites:
– Many students reported that their grades improved because they needed to review their grades more frequently.
– If you reinvest the money in buying notes yourself, you can speed up your study process and learn how other salesperson formats and presents your material.
– Some markets require you to apply as a seller and send a sample. If you are accepted, you get a good boost to your self-esteem.
– Although you earn money for your work, you can help others get better grades.
– If your notes are a little “messy,” you’ll probably improve the way you take notes and structure them to receive a higher payment.
– If you are already taking good notes, no additional work is required, just earn from the work you already do.
– Being accepted by an Elite Notetaker portal is certainly something you can include in your resume.
– Because you are selling your information product and need to take care of advertising, accounting and taxes, you will need to learn something about accounting and marketing. This is a skill that is always useful.
What is the best format to sell study notes?
The format required is different from one market to another. Some even acknowledge handwritten notes (if you can read your handwriting). In general, any type of document can be uploaded.
But not only written notes are welcome, illustrations, diagrams, mind maps, trick sheets, exams, practice exams, even complete courses. All markets usually have guidelines to follow and I recommend reading them (see previous legal section).
How much should I sell my notes for?
Many markets allow you to choose the price. To find out a quantity that works, do some research on your competition and see how much they write and how much they sell a similar subject.
It’s also always helpful to check the quality of your grades compared to others. Make sure they are well-formatted, free of typos, and well written so you can get a higher price.
Make sure you don’t sell too cheap! It seems that a 50-page document for $1.99 is of low quality (which is probably true). Recommended prices range from $2 for a 1-day note up to hundreds of dollars, depending on size and subject matter. For a more detailed table, you can consult the Omega Notes from above. They have a price recommendation page.